we fucking hate AOL, but love ripping them off's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 11 most recent journal entries recorded in
we fucking hate AOL, but love ripping them off's LiveJournal:
|Sunday, October 17th, 2004|
oh how I hate AOL
You know what fucking sucks about aol??
1. The thing is, AOL owns just about everything, from Netscape to ICQ. When you install seemingly harmless applications, you could end up with links to AOL's Web site and trial offers all over your desktop and Start menu and every fucking where else. For instance, Netscape 6.1 drops a "Sign up for AOL" shortcut on your Windows desktop and puts the same shortcut in your Internet Explorer Favorites list. Like how many damn icons you need??? SHIT. Then, Netscape imports your IE Favorites and, the next thing you know, AOL is everywhere. :/
2. I got their “45 days free internet access”. Then I call to cancel it a little before it was over b/c I didn’t want to be charged. But they wont let you. They go on and on about how blah blah wonderful they are compare to all the other ISPs and they have soooo many features. They give me another 2 months free, which is ok. So I take the 2 months free again and then after it is up, I call to cancel and then they give me the same crap. I’m like...”AOL takes up too much on my hard drive, too much RAM, and it keeps crashing my computer, etc.. And they are like “ yes yes, you are right but who else has this and that and blah and crap”. And I’m like,..”well you don’t need all that blah and crap because I can just surf the internet to find all that, you prick”. He was like “you are right but just try another 2 months free” I’m like “ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I JUST WANNA CANCEL, U DUMB JERK”.
3. I hate when it keeps telling you in that stupid gay man's voice "you got mail" or "you got voice mail". I just wanna say "you sux, prick, go to hell”. And if you don’t check your mail, it keeps doing that.
4. They come out with a new version like every 2 months. I'm like, I just upgraded this crap and now it is another version. It is just a newer version to take up more space on MY hard drive, which I could be using for something else.
5. They are always trying to sell you something. Every time you call customer service and they are finished with whatever problem you have, they want to transfer you so they can make a sell on whatever they are selling. I need my mone! Aren’t you getting enough of it?? God Damn. Whenever they do that 'please wait while your call is being transferred', I’m like HELL NO (CLICK).
I know there are more reasons why I hate aol, can’t think of anymore. When I do, I’ll post it.
|Friday, September 19th, 2003|
Former AOL employee
First post. I see a lot of great ideas here though. If you call in and demand to talk to a supervisor, they won't let you unless you persist and tell them you'll cancel. Its funny how they talk too...'oh yes sir, oh yes, i see, uh huh' and never do anything about it. But if you call to cancel, usually they give free time. Just never call tech support, the queues are huge for it!
|Thursday, March 27th, 2003|
if someone comes in here begging for codes or something like that, let me know so that I may ban them and disable anonymous posting.
X your community owner X
|Saturday, March 22nd, 2003|
so, yeah, AOL has been working really well since I got my new FREE modem. you all need to get one, its easy. you just call and tell them that you want to shut off your account because of bad connections. then they give you 2 free months of AOL and a awesome modem :-)
|Tuesday, March 18th, 2003|
ITS LJ's B-DAY PEOPLE!!!!
LETS ALL DANCE AND GIVE PRAISE TO THE THING THAT KEEPS US ALIVE!!!
frank hates AOL, so why dont you?
|Sunday, March 16th, 2003|
ok, so today i go to get my mail. waiting inside is a letter from aol, it says "go to the AWARDS section to get your free months.".
i have been going to the REWARDS section, which for some odd reason it looks just like the AWARDS section. fuckers, grrrr. but i now have my next free month set up.
|Friday, March 14th, 2003|
fucking AOL, i have now sent them 2 emails about my account, and i still havent gotten my free time, AND ILL BE DAMN IF I HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS CRAPPY SERVICE!!!!!!!!
Have you ever been on AOL for a really long time, only for it to freeze up or kick you off for no reason? Upon signing back on, do you notice that AOL has yet another new advertisement to offer you? Could AOL be inconveniencing us just for their convenience?
|Thursday, March 13th, 2003|
thous stupid fuckers at AOL havent given me my two free moths yet, damn it. ill call them tomarrow, when my head doset hurt from drinking. ill tell you all how it goes.
|Sunday, March 9th, 2003|
I have been a loyal stealer of AOL for 3 months now, every time the 45-day trials end I just cancel and make a new account. Does that make me evil? If not, how about this, this time around when I called I cussed out some stupid bitch lady and told her "your piece of shit program is ruining my computer, it freezes and shuts down all the fucking time" at this point my mom is laughing like crazy so look at her and she quits down, then she says "what can I do to make it better" I say "turn my fucking account off" then she says "if that’s you only problem we can send you a free modem and 2 free moths of AOL for free!" I say " if I accept and I still think your service sucks after 2 moths am I under any sort of contact?" she then answered "no" and I say, "make it happen" then I hung up :-)
Its fun, so this community it to share yours stories about ripping off AOL, get posting! Current Mood: amused